I just learned today is NARAL’s Blogging For Choice. I too, am another woman and blogger that is PRO-CHOICE and believe that women know what is best for their bodies. It is our right to choose.
So today I join millions of women in celebrating a women’s right to choose with the 37th anniversary of legalized abortions from Roe Vs Wade. I wish I could have been in DC today with the other women fighting to maintain this right and so today I blog about the meaning of “TRUST WOMEN”.
I believe “Trust Women” means:
- Women have the inherent right to make educated choices for themselves and for their body, their health, their sexuality, parenting, work lives, and every aspect of their life.
- Women have the inherent right to make personal decisions without politics interfering.
- Women can, will, and need to support one another regardless of religion, sexuality, ethnicity, marital status, or parenting choices.
- Women need to trust one another and the men who support us.
- Women need to trust themselves. We know our truth and we must work to embrace it.
Happy Anniversary to all people who believe in the freedom of choice.